11; Practitioner Perspective: A Client’s View On Selecting WOM Marketing Companies (Thursday)
· To identify key phases of consulting engagement
Readings for This Class:
· A Note to New Consultants. Bruce Henderson. 1970s. Pages 1-3. (Bb)
· How to manage connected marketing. Martin Oetting. 2006. Pages 232-266. (Bb)
· Basic Consulting Framework
· Review Designing Organized WOMM Assignment
· Form project groups around case study from NU Marketing Communication
· Presentation of cases from NU Marketing Communications Group
Brian Kenny – VP of Marketing & Communications
Ann Comer – Associate Director, Marketing Programs (Athletics; also with Bianca Glitworth who will come in on Tuesday)
Alyssa Meritt – Associate Director of Interactive Marketing (Alumni)
To Do (for next class):
· No Class – Memorial Day
· For Tuesday, reflection essay due with peer evaluation sheets. [Changed to be due on Wednesday].
· For Tuesday, come prepared with three ideas for the organized WOMM program and also three questions or pieces of information need from the client.
· Print two copies of this sheet with your name on it.
· For Tuesday, read Rosen Part 3. Part Three of The Anatomy of Buzz. Emanuel Rosen. 2000. Pages 133-261. (AOB) [Focus on pp. 249-261]
Tags: WOM word of mouth Word-of-Mouth Marketing buzz marketing viral marketing marketing communication