18; Integrating WOM Into the Media Plan (Thursday)
· To understand how WOM fits as part of a larger media plan
· To consider the pros and cons of WOM as a “media channel”
Readings for This Class:
· Chapter 6: Word-of-Mouth Storytelling. Dave Balter & John Butman. 2005. Pages 115-133. (Bb)
· Suggested Reading: Quantifying the Ripple: Word-of-Mouth and Advertising Effectiveness. John E. Hogan, Katherine N. Lemon, & Barak Libai. 2004. Journal of Advertising Research, (September), 271-280. (Bb)
· Guest Speaker: Dave Balter, CEO, BzzAgent, Inc.
· Guest Speaker: Dave Balter, CEO, BzzAgent, Inc. (BzzAgent Dave)
· See Blackboard for his powerpoint presentation (password protected)
To Do (for next class):
· Read through sample proposal (Bb).
· Write draft proposal.
Tags: WOM word of mouth Word-of-Mouth Marketing buzz marketing viral marketing marketing communication