- Identify factors contributing to the recent resurgence in WOM;
- Articulate how WOM is both a set of activities and a larger philosophy;
- Distinguish between WOM and CGM
- Why people engage in WOM.
- Take roll
- Take out a sheet of paper. How did you learn about this class? Poll students.
- If that person heard it from someone else, how did they learn about it?
- Illustrate networks and pass-along.
- Why did that person tell you?
- Illustrate why we are motivated to engage in WOM.
- PPT: An Introduction to WOM & CGM
- Pass out syllabus
- Go over assignments
- Assign Evaluate Organized WOM Program & Company Project
To Do (for next class):
- Visit WOMMA website, subscribe to WOMNIBUS, etc.
- Reflect on your groups and which program you want to analyze. Visit class blog post.
- 95 Theses of the Cluetrain Manifesto
- Citizen Marketers: When People Are the Message pp. vii-96 (Introduction and Chapters 1-4)
Tags: WOM word of mouth Word-of-Mouth Marketing buzz marketing viral marketing marketing communication Northeastern University