Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Golden Horn


So we've all seen the effect of WOM in case studies as well as in this blog (Johnny Cupcakes anyone??) I thought I'd just share a little bit of positive WOM in regards to GoldenHorn Cafe. For those of you who may not be aware, Golden Horn is located right next to Campus Tan on the corner of Mass. Ave and Huntington.

Now, how I became obsessed with Golden Horn is actually through a WOM episode. Kennie mentioned Golden Horn on one of our first days of class and it piqued my interest. I've passed by the place so many times and never even thought to stop (in all honesty, I thought it looked kind of sketchy when I first came to Boston). It wasn't until a few days ago that my group members and I were meeting and we decided to go to Golden Horn before meeting one of our other group members at her apartment. I wasn't all that hungry but I wanted to try it out, so I got a strawberry frozen yogurt. Now, I worked at TCBY back in high school, so I know frozen yogurt, but this strawberry frozen yogurt was amazing! It had actual bits of strawberries in it and it was HUGE!!! For not being all that hungry, I was definately stuffed after this cup of frozen yogurt. I've been back several times and each time I've brought a friend and they too love it. So this is my plug for Golden Horn. It is relatively cheap (you get a lot of food for your money), the menu is quite extensive for a cafe, and the food is really very good. I've also had the grilled Chicken panini (#29, for those of you who are already avid lovers) and the Rosted Vegtable pita roll up (#47). And they deliver! So if you happen to be walking by this summer, check it out...you won't be sorry, I promise! -->
Tags:

6 comments:

Sapphiregurl said...

I too am obessed with Golden Horn! They make AMAZING Greek Salad wraps, and Jesols is right, you get a lot of food for your money. I go there at least twice a week, so I guess you could say I'm becoming a "regular" now. Once summer 1 is over I don't know WHAT I'm going to do!! I can't live all summer without this amazing food! If you do decide to go to Cafe Golden Horn make sure you try the Greek Salad wrap, you won't be let down!

Kennie Swanson said...

Haha, YES!! I was waiting for a post about Golden Horn, enough of Johny Cupcakes already! Thanks for the shout out Jess, I appreciate it. Golden Horn is like a sanctuary of peace and enjoyment for me. It is by far my favorite place that is close to campus, and I always try to spread some positive WOM about it. Their extensive list of sandwiches and roll-ups are quite amazing. My favorites are 44 and 51. Plus, don't even get me started about the Fro - YO! Good stuff! If you're a newcomber, the staff will probably be a little mean to you, but don't let them get you down... it's all part of the Golden Horn experience.

somerso said...

Its sad to admit, but I had never been to Golden Horn until I heard about it from class (and I got a WOMES out of it :) ), but I too agree that it is absoltely amazing. I was psyched to see how big and cheap the menu is (and they take HUSKY). I walk by it a million times a day since my apartment is literlly 15 feet away and I am now an addict of their fresh coffee in the morning and the vanilla icecream with oreo and m&ms (simple combo but so delicious)...I think this WOM episode can truely triumph over Johnny Cupcakes...

DietPepsi said...

It's about time!! The end of the Johnny Cupcakes era and the beginning of something new. Golden Horn is delicious. Jesols mentioned "if you happen to be walking by this summer..." but seriously, they deliver ice-cream until 11:00. Life doesn't get any sweeter than that. Plus they have about 40 different toppings to choose from to be mixed into your icecream, amazing!!

DietPepsi said...

Kennie, you said Fro-YO.. I think that just made my day.

Bek said...

I really feel the need to comment on this blog just to see if we can top the obnoxiousness of the (dare I even say it..) Johnny Cupcakes blog. [Enter Lisa cringing.] In one comment I made earlier, I noted how influenced I was by negative WOM. Here however, with all the positive posts, and passtionate ones at that, it is hard not to at least be intrigued. I have visited Golden Horn, and have fallen in love. I too, now, would like to jump on the positive WOM train for GHC as I really find this to be a college kids dream cafe. I don't normally blog, and if I have any WOME's they are generally face to face (as supported by the recap of Dr. Carls research today in class.) But I thought this a good time to break that barrier, get up on technology, and do it electronically. Golden Horn, you are amazing.